Alexandra Children's Centre
"... Children desire to acquire knowledge, have much capacity for curiosity and amazement, and yearn to create relationships with others ... "
Alexandra Children's Centre focuses on the importance of inter-relationships between the child, their peers, teachers, family and community. The teacher is not viewed as the source of all knowledge, but as a co-collaborator with the child, encouraging exploration of the child’s interests. Our role in providing childcare is viewed as just one component of a ‘global’ village that supports children, their families and the community to be happy and healthy in a child focused environment.
Infant / Toddler Care:
Full day-care for children from birth to 3 years of age.
3-5 Group Daycare:
Full day-care for children 30 mo-5 yrs
School – Age Care:
Before and after school care plus full daycare during school closures for children kindergarten to 12 years of age.
• Encourage children to learn, explore and interact with the world around them
• Model positive traits that will help children develop into caring responsible people
• Teach children to respect and value themselves, others and their environment
• Provide a safe and secure environment that allows for fun, creativity, exploration and learning
• Challenge each child to enhance his/her uniqueness.
• Document the children’s learning so that it is visible to the children, their families and the community
• Work in close communication with each family, recognizing that they are the primary caregivers of their children.
Questions? Add your name to the interest list here. Please note: Kensington Prairie is full and we are not adding to the wait list at this time. If you cannot access the form with the link, please download a hard copy here. Contact us at 604-535-0015 ext 223 or email@example.com
Alexandra Children’s Centres are approved, government licensed facilities and staff are licensed Early Childhood Educators according to the standards set out by the Provincial Child Care Facilities Licensing Act and the Province of BC.
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to learning.
In collaboration with the City of Surrey